Ever since the beginning, technology has been changing the face of the world in several exotic ways. However in the last decade, the Educational Sector is one of the areas that have been affected the most by the fast-paced technology advancements. By mixing technology with education, a new term was coined – DIGITAL EDUCATION.
Digital Education aims at providing a new approach to make education accessible to everyone. Irrespective of the demographic constraints or financial hardships, this approach lets students, even from the remotest areas of the country, to be able to study from the best quality learning resources. This trend of digital education is becoming the new favourite among students because of the unlimited opportunities it provides for them to customise their study routine as per their own comfort. Students can now–
- Study from home, comfortably
- Pay more attention and learn fast
- Learn at a self-paced rate
- Have better communication with their teachers/mentors
This advent of Digital Learning in the Education sector is not only encouraged by students and parents, but also by several business firms that have been investing in the Digital Education Market. This market is said to be one of the biggest potential markets in India. According to a survey by KPMG & Google (May, 2017), India’s digital education market is set to grow to 1.96 billion by the year 2021 with a record of 9.6 million active users.
Most of the schools, colleges and coaching centres have already switched to the digital learning methods. Rather than using the traditional way of teaching, the teachers have started using Pen-Drives and online modules to teach students. Let’s have a look at how these Pen-drive courses have the potential to change the overlook of the education system-
- Extended Customer Reach:
The teachers and institutions can now reach out to students in any corner of the country, thus allowing them to increase their customer reach multifold.
- Secure Software:
The content of the pen-drives are secured using the best encryption techniques, preventing the notes and other learning material from falling into hands of a third party vendor or getting copied through an unauthorized source.
- Better Advertising & Customisation:
The software can be easily customised as per the requirement of the teachers, providing a better way to advertise their courses or institutions among students all around the country.
- User-friendly platform:
There are easy-to-use admin panels that help teachers design course structures or periodic tests for students.
This era of Digital Education is advancing rapidly at an exponential rate. With so many institutions and teachers having switched their primary teaching approach to ‘Digital Learning’ and multiple business firms willing to invest in this sector, we can say that this decade will see Digital Education Market as the most trending and profitable sector in the business world.
Over the years, Digital Education has created a huge impact on the education sector throughout the country. Estimated to grow to 1.96 billion and have a record of 9.6 million users by the year 2021, Digital Education has become one of the biggest trends in the market nowadays.
Let us now have an insight into the reasons accounting for this exponential growth.
- COMFORT: No more carrying heavy books around and sticking to strict time tables, students get to choose time-table according to their comfort, without having to travel long distance to coaching centres. Best quality education at your doorstep! Can learning get any simpler?
- GREATER ABILITY TO CONCENTRATE: Most of the times, students complain that they could not pay attention to the teacher in the class because they got distracted by activities of fellow classmates. By opting for digital education, you can choose a quiet place for yourself with minimum distraction and study peacefully.
- SELF-PACED LEARNING: Are you a morning person but cannot attend classes because you have to go to work? Or are you a night person but have to regularly attend morning classes? Now you can learn at your own pace in a quiet, comfortable environment. You will also be able to easily assess your progress by attempting various mock tests and online quizzes available in your courses.
- MORE INTERACTION WITH MENTORS: Evidence shows that students tend to participate more in chats and discussion forums rather than face-to-face sessions with their teachers. Thus, with digital education, we aim at encouraging every student to come forward and interact with their teachers unhesitatingly in order to get a better understanding of the subject.
- EXPLORE DIFFERENT AREAS: One of the most important aspects of Digital Education is that learning is no longer confined to strict curriculum and syllabus. Students can explore other different areas based on their interests, sign up for certification courses or learn new skills. These courses can not only expand your knowledge base, but also make your resume look more lucrative to the recruiters.
The advent of Digital Education in India has simplified education to a whole new level. By providing endless opportunities to both the students and the teachers, the Digital Education Platform is going to be the biggest trend in the Education Sector in no time.
We have compiled a list of few common mistakes that students tend to make, when preparing for the SSC CGL exams. Most of the errors can be corrected by practicing past questions from the SSC mock tests online, which you will find on Edu Drives
1. Misunderstanding the syllabus
Just joining a training institute and attending those classes will not suffice, if you are looking to score well in the SSC CGL exams. Once you start practicing ssc mock tests online, you will realise that your preparation is not enough for the exam. Make sure that you analysed the exam syllabus and studied the cut-offs for previous years. Try solving those older papers to get an actual understanding of where you stand in terms of your preparation.
2. Failure to understand the technicality and subject oriented parts of the paper
Aspirants must familiarise themselves with the technical aspects of online exam system. Practicing on pen and paper and with books can definitely help you master the concepts and speed but will fail to give you an actual feel of the online exam. The speed and accuracy with which you are able to solve a paper will differ when done online and offline.
3. Preparing for multiple exams simultaneously
Many aspirants prepare for SSC CGL /banking and other exams simultaneously. Please note than each exam has a different way to assess the aspirants. Some exams are more analytical, some are concept oriented, some are practise oriented. Edu Drives completely believes that SSC CGL is a practice oriented examination and so Edu Drives caters to that via the SSC mock tests online. So make sure to properly investigate the approach that you will need to take for the SSC CGL and tailor your practice according to that.
4. Too many study resources
You have to be specific with the study material for online coaching for ssc cgl 2018 Exams and ibps pendrive course. You should avoid referring too many books or study material or online platforms. Stick to the resources of your choice and be thorough with them. Talk to students who have cleared these exams and they’ll advise you the same thing. Edu Drives has a well curated resource bank and the online video lectures will be a asset to your preparation routine.
6. Partiality in importance to concepts
While it is important to maximise score in your strong areas, it is equally important to be strong in all subjects. The cut-off for SSC exam last year was very high and it is expected that competition will be higher this year. Each subject carries equal marks and can be potentially very scoring. So do not focus merely on your strengths’ work on your potentially weaker areas as well.
7. Dependence on shortcuts
It is true that SSC CGL papers do not play around with the exam pattern and also do occasionally repeat the past questions. But do not take this lightly and disregard the importance that you have to give to your concepts. Short cuts and tricks may not always be useful. Sometimes the knowledge is what can take you through. This will help you apply your concepts in case there are any variations in the question.
8. Laziness in making notes
Notes will make sure that you have something to refer to at the end of your preparation and will also give a sense of assurance. The general awareness section of the online coaching for ssc cgl 2018 will require you to make notes and stay up to date with your general knowledge
We hope that you will rectify your errors thanks to this article and will have a more fruitful and enriching learning experience here onwards.