BENEFITS OF DIGITAL EDUCATION FOR STUDENTS AND EDUCATORS
“Necessity is the mother of invention.” From grocery shopping to money investment, since everything is turning digital these days, then why not education too?
Ever since the last decade, the Indian education system has witnessed a drastic turnover due to the advent of digital education techniques. Started as a secondary source of help for students to learn better and faster, the Digital Education Revolution has now become an integral part of the education sector with a record of over 1.6 million users. Nowadays almost all of the traditional models of learning are being embedded into digital platforms, thus creating a new era of a more-efficient education system for both the students and the teachers.
Because of a large number of people connected to digital platforms these days, if we upgrade our education system and switch to digital education rather than the traditional way of learning, we can aim to bring awareness even to the remotest areas that lack good quality teachers or infrastructures. With the help of these Digital Education Platforms, we can not only make education accessible to everyone but also contribute towards increasing the literacy rate of the nation which has been posing as a major social concern for a very long time.
So far, this concept of Digital Education Revolution has caught attention of a large number of people in India and according to a report by KPMG and Google, Digital Education is one of the major emerging trends these days with India’s Digital Education Market to grow to 1.96 billion by 2021, having a record number of around 9.6 million users.
Now, let’s have a look at how stepping into the world of Digital Education would affect the key communities in the country:
- Flexible learning: Students no longer have to stick to fixed long hours of studying. They can study as per their convenience, whenever and wherever they want.
- Unlimited access to books and study materials: Instead of carrying heavy books everywhere around them, students can gain access to numerous books and study materials in just one click.
- Easy communication: During classroom learning, students are sometimes unable to raise a question when they have a doubt. But with this technique of digital learning, they can easily communicate with the teachers whenever they want.
- New areas to explore: With the rise of digital education, students can easily sign up for various online certification courses and develop some cutting-edge skills to improve their resume and increase the chances of getting their dream job.
- Increased student reach: This technology of digital education overcomes all the demographic constraints, allowing the teachers to reach out to students not just in the same city or state, but anywhere in the country.
- Preparation of digital lectures: Teachers can now get their lectures recorded on a digital platform, enhanced with animations and graphics. These digital lectures can help them conduct a more interactive and flexible session with the students.
- Better Advertising and Increased Sales: With the help of these digital platforms, teachers can choose to get the logo or image of their institutes printed on the devices, helping them better advertise their courses leading to increased sales.
The advent of digital education in India comes with great advantages not just for the students or teachers, but also for the betterment of the social structure of the nation by making education accessible to everyone.