Ever since the beginning, technology has been changing the face of the world in several exotic ways. However in the last decade, the Educational Sector is one of the areas that have been affected the most by the fast-paced technology advancements. By mixing technology with education, a new term was coined – DIGITAL EDUCATION.
Digital Education aims at providing a new approach to make education accessible to everyone. Irrespective of the demographic constraints or financial hardships, this approach lets students, even from the remotest areas of the country, to be able to study from the best quality learning resources. This trend of digital education is becoming the new favourite among students because of the unlimited opportunities it provides for them to customise their study routine as per their own comfort. Students can now–
- Study from home, comfortably
- Pay more attention and learn fast
- Learn at a self-paced rate
- Have better communication with their teachers/mentors
This advent of Digital Learning in the Education sector is not only encouraged by students and parents, but also by several business firms that have been investing in the Digital Education Market. This market is said to be one of the biggest potential markets in India. According to a survey by KPMG & Google (May, 2017), India’s digital education market is set to grow to 1.96 billion by the year 2021 with a record of 9.6 million active users.
Most of the schools, colleges and coaching centres have already switched to the digital learning methods. Rather than using the traditional way of teaching, the teachers have started using Pen-Drives and online modules to teach students. Let’s have a look at how these Pen-drive courses have the potential to change the overlook of the education system-
- Extended Customer Reach:
The teachers and institutions can now reach out to students in any corner of the country, thus allowing them to increase their customer reach multifold.
- Secure Software:
The content of the pen-drives are secured using the best encryption techniques, preventing the notes and other learning material from falling into hands of a third party vendor or getting copied through an unauthorized source.
- Better Advertising & Customisation:
The software can be easily customised as per the requirement of the teachers, providing a better way to advertise their courses or institutions among students all around the country.
- User-friendly platform:
There are easy-to-use admin panels that help teachers design course structures or periodic tests for students.
This era of Digital Education is advancing rapidly at an exponential rate. With so many institutions and teachers having switched their primary teaching approach to ‘Digital Learning’ and multiple business firms willing to invest in this sector, we can say that this decade will see Digital Education Market as the most trending and profitable sector in the business world.
Over the years, Digital Education has created a huge impact on the education sector throughout the country. Estimated to grow to 1.96 billion and have a record of 9.6 million users by the year 2021, Digital Education has become one of the biggest trends in the market nowadays.
Let us now have an insight into the reasons accounting for this exponential growth.
- COMFORT: No more carrying heavy books around and sticking to strict time tables, students get to choose time-table according to their comfort, without having to travel long distance to coaching centres. Best quality education at your doorstep! Can learning get any simpler?
- GREATER ABILITY TO CONCENTRATE: Most of the times, students complain that they could not pay attention to the teacher in the class because they got distracted by activities of fellow classmates. By opting for digital education, you can choose a quiet place for yourself with minimum distraction and study peacefully.
- SELF-PACED LEARNING: Are you a morning person but cannot attend classes because you have to go to work? Or are you a night person but have to regularly attend morning classes? Now you can learn at your own pace in a quiet, comfortable environment. You will also be able to easily assess your progress by attempting various mock tests and online quizzes available in your courses.
- MORE INTERACTION WITH MENTORS: Evidence shows that students tend to participate more in chats and discussion forums rather than face-to-face sessions with their teachers. Thus, with digital education, we aim at encouraging every student to come forward and interact with their teachers unhesitatingly in order to get a better understanding of the subject.
- EXPLORE DIFFERENT AREAS: One of the most important aspects of Digital Education is that learning is no longer confined to strict curriculum and syllabus. Students can explore other different areas based on their interests, sign up for certification courses or learn new skills. These courses can not only expand your knowledge base, but also make your resume look more lucrative to the recruiters.
The advent of Digital Education in India has simplified education to a whole new level. By providing endless opportunities to both the students and the teachers, the Digital Education Platform is going to be the biggest trend in the Education Sector in no time.
BENEFITS OF DIGITAL EDUCATION FOR STUDENTS AND EDUCATORS
“Necessity is the mother of invention.” From grocery shopping to money investment, since everything is turning digital these days, then why not education too?
Ever since the last decade, the Indian education system has witnessed a drastic turnover due to the advent of digital education techniques. Started as a secondary source of help for students to learn better and faster, the Digital Education Revolution has now become an integral part of the education sector with a record of over 1.6 million users. Nowadays almost all of the traditional models of learning are being embedded into digital platforms, thus creating a new era of a more-efficient education system for both the students and the teachers.
Because of a large number of people connected to digital platforms these days, if we upgrade our education system and switch to digital education rather than the traditional way of learning, we can aim to bring awareness even to the remotest areas that lack good quality teachers or infrastructures. With the help of these Digital Education Platforms, we can not only make education accessible to everyone but also contribute towards increasing the literacy rate of the nation which has been posing as a major social concern for a very long time.
So far, this concept of Digital Education Revolution has caught attention of a large number of people in India and according to a report by KPMG and Google, Digital Education is one of the major emerging trends these days with India’s Digital Education Market to grow to 1.96 billion by 2021, having a record number of around 9.6 million users.
Now, let’s have a look at how stepping into the world of Digital Education would affect the key communities in the country:
- Flexible learning: Students no longer have to stick to fixed long hours of studying. They can study as per their convenience, whenever and wherever they want.
- Unlimited access to books and study materials: Instead of carrying heavy books everywhere around them, students can gain access to numerous books and study materials in just one click.
- Easy communication: During classroom learning, students are sometimes unable to raise a question when they have a doubt. But with this technique of digital learning, they can easily communicate with the teachers whenever they want.
- New areas to explore: With the rise of digital education, students can easily sign up for various online certification courses and develop some cutting-edge skills to improve their resume and increase the chances of getting their dream job.
- Increased student reach: This technology of digital education overcomes all the demographic constraints, allowing the teachers to reach out to students not just in the same city or state, but anywhere in the country.
- Preparation of digital lectures: Teachers can now get their lectures recorded on a digital platform, enhanced with animations and graphics. These digital lectures can help them conduct a more interactive and flexible session with the students.
- Better Advertising and Increased Sales: With the help of these digital platforms, teachers can choose to get the logo or image of their institutes printed on the devices, helping them better advertise their courses leading to increased sales.
The advent of digital education in India comes with great advantages not just for the students or teachers, but also for the betterment of the social structure of the nation by making education accessible to everyone.