Click here to read important topics for General Science RRB NTPC 2019
Click here to read important topics for Mathematics and reasoning RRB NTPC 2019
Click here to read important topics for General Awareness RRB NTPC 2019
General Awareness makes up for an extremely challenging category since it involves profound knowledge of the culture, heritage and events around the globe. In the RRB NTPC Exam this section comprises of 40 questions that hold an importance of 1 mark each. In this blog we will try our best to make the RRB NTPC preparation and RRB NTPC final revision a little easier for you. We have covered the most important and relevant current affairs that have made a mark across the country in the past few months.
- General Manager of South Central Railway, Vinod Kumar Yadav, has been appointed as Chairman of Railway Board and ex-officio Principal Secretary to Government of India.
- Germany approves USD 8 billion rail and road tunnel link to Denmark.
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina has secured her third consecutive term.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 6th International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) at the campus of National Seed Research and Training Center (NSRTC) in Varanasi.
- National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) launched a toll-free number 14433 and a facility to file complaints through Common Service Center (CSC).
- ESAF Small Finance Bank has been approved by the Reserve Bank to operate as scheduled bank. This makes it the fifth scheduled bank that operates from Kerala after Federal Bank, South Indian Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, and Dhanlaxmi Bank.
- Bangladesh ODI captain Mashrafe Mortaza has become a member of parliament.
- Telangana High Court came into existence on January 1, 2019 and Justice Thottathil Bhaskaran Nair Radhakrishnan has been sworn-in as 1st Chief Justice of Telangana High Court.
- Smriti Mandhana won the Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award for best cricketer of the year and the ICC ODI player of the year award.
- Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched Ujjwala sanitary napkin initiative in Odisha.
- Anindita Neogy Anaam honored with the National Nritya Shiromani award.
- Ministry of Textiles and Government of India launched Artisan Speak at Elephanta Caves (UNESCO heritage site).
- Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) announced entering into agreements worth $93 million for providing Naval Medium Range Surface-to-Air Missile (MRSAM) systems to India.
- India improves its ranking to the 78th position on Corruption Perceptions Index 2018.
- World Leprosy Eradication Day is celebrated on 30th January 2019.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) has been named as the world’s busiest airport.
- Union Finance Minister Piyush Goyal received the Carnot prize for his work towards sustainable energy solutions from University of Pennsylvania in New Delhi.
- Pranab Mukherjee, Nanaji Deshmukh, Bhupen Hazarika conferred with highest civilian honor.
- Tamil Nadu won Best State Award in the Swasth Bharat Yatra.
- India replaced Japan as the world’s 2nd largest steel producing country.
- Alok Verma appointed as Director General, Fire Services, Civil Defense and Home Guards.
- India’s Mary Kom becomes world’s top woman boxer.
- Ex-Hotstar CEO Ajit Mohan officially joined Facebook India as VP and MD.
- Manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF), India’s first engineless train, ‘Train 18’, has been named ‘Vande Bharat Express’ by Piyush Goyal, the Union Minister of Railways and Coal.
- The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has been renamed as the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) got its new communication satellite GSAT-31 aloft.
- Ajai Kumar appointed as the interim CEO of Yes Bank.
- IAF jets destroy Jaish terror camps across LoC
- India withdrew Most Favored Nation status accorded to Pakistan
- The Parliament on February 13, 2019 passed the Personal Laws (Amendment Bill), 2018 that seeks to remove leprosy as a ground for divorce.
- PM Modi launched ‘Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana’ from Gorakhpur, UP.
- PM Narendra Modi received Seoul Peace Prize for 2018
- Sanath Jayasuriya banned from cricket for two years
- Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi elected as new chair of African Union
- Afghanistan begins export to India through Chabahar port.
- Abu Dhabi adds Hindi as third official court language.
- Father Francois Laborde conferred with France’s highest civilian honor, Legion d’Honneur.
- India becomes 4th largest space power.
- Chandrayaan-2 to carry NASA instruments- laser retroreflector arrays.
- ISRO to launch 29 satellites.
- The first batch of four Boeing heavy-lift Chinook Helicopters, CH-47F (I) was inducted in Indian Air Force (IAF) on March 25, 2019 at Air Force Station, Chandigarh, in Squadron No 126 Helicopter Flight (Featherweights).
- Pinaki Chandra Ghose appointed as India’s first Lokpal.
- BJP’s Pramod Sawant sworn-in as 11th Goa Chief Minister.
- Kazakhstan renames capital Astana as ‘Nursultan’.
- SpiceJet joins global airlines’ grouping IATA.
- India to host FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2020.
- RBI categorises IDBI Bank as Private Sector Bank.
- Indore was adjudged as India’s Cleanest City for the third consecutive year in the central government’s cleanliness survey, while Bhopal was named as the ‘Cleanest Capital’ of India.
- Ministry of Commerce launched blockchain based e marketplace for coffee.
- Laurus Labs Limited, Hyderabad-based pharma, has entered into a strategic partnership agreement with Global Fund for a period of 3.5 years. The agreement gives Laurus Labs volume commitments for drugs from the Global Fund for the treatment of HIV/AIDS.
- GAIL and BHEL signed to development of Solar Power Projects.
- Justice D.K.Jain to be the Ethics Officer of the Indian cricket board.
We have summed up the most important current affairs for RRB NTPC exam 2019 for the months of January, February and March to refresh your memory. In the series, we’ll be curating a round-up of similar blogs for the succeeding months. The exam is near so do not leave any stone unturned and gear up to showcase your highest potential. Stay tuned with Edu-Drives and good luck!